Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation includes 250 questions of grammar
Giving examples of real usage, this software provides the basic information about grammar and punctuation that people need on a day-to-day basis.
Arranged A-Z, it contains entries for standard grammatical terms as well as dealing with related questions of usage. Readers of all levels will find this guide essential.
This is a fully functional trial!
* Over 250 questions of grammar and punctuation clearly explained
* Uses examples of real English to clarify grammatical points taken from the Oxford Corpus
* The supplementary section gives an overview of grammatical terms and the structure of English sentences
* Contains special longer entries on a wide range of subjects, such as the difference between active and passive
* Includes terms specified in the school National Strategies, making it suitable for homework as well as general use
In addition to explaining basic terms such as ‘split infinitive’, ‘participle’, and ‘adverb’, entries also discuss whether to use ‘may’ or ‘might’, ‘that’ or ‘which’, and ‘it’s’ or ‘its’. The Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation gives the reader quick and easy access to the answers to these, and many other, questions of grammar. It offers clear and coherent explanations, and illustrations across a broad range of topics, and is the first port of call for any reader seeking clear, authoritative help with grammar and punctuation.
Both easy to use and comprehensive, the Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation is an essential tool for writing at home, in the office, at school, and at college.
You can download and install the program directly to your device from our mobile website www.mobisystems.com/mobile
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation 2nd edition is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Support for memory cards
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card – “?” and “*” replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature